Mystery snail acting weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so yesterday I moved my mystery snail into my quarantine tank because all the fish would steal his food. He ate a fourth of an algae wafer all by myself so I knew he was hungry. Then last night I moved him back and he would act weird. He usually moves around the tank or "sleeps" when his head part goes inside the shell so all you see is the flat plate.

But since last night when I moved him, he is "sleeping" with his head out and is not very active though I've seen him move once or twice

Do you think the move to the quarantine and back was stressful? He was only out of the water for 2 seconds...

Don't know much about snails, but usually when moving from tank to tank you have to acclimatise again as the water chemistry will be different, even thought the tank could be right beside where you move him to, treat as a new fish or snail you've got from the shop.

Borderlesscott said:
Don't know much about snails, but usually when moving from tank to tank you have to acclimatise again as the water chemistry will be different, even thought the tank could be right beside where you move him to, treat as a new fish or snail you've got from the shop.

But I moved him between two tank that have same parameters and temperature

Unless you filled the QT with water from your main tank it will not have the same chemistry, even if your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels are the same in that tank. This would apply to someone who runs a QT permently with a few fish in it.

Borderlesscott said:
Unless you filled the QT with water from your main tank it will not have the same chemistry, even if your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels are the same in that tank. This would apply to someone who runs a QT permently with a few fish in it.

I DID fill it with my main tank. Don't worry the sna is better now

Back
Top Bottom