Mystery snail eggs?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my mystery snails just laid some eggs and the last time i had eggs they dried out and the time before that they hatched and got ate by something in my tank. I was wondering if i could take them and put them in a separate bowl or something with a lid to keep it humid and float them on something i just really want them to live because i have to go out of state to buy them!?

take a plastic container, wet a paper towel. put it in the container. take anotehr paper towel and fold it into 3rds and put it in the container on top of the wet paper towel. put the egg clutch on top of the dry paper towel. poke a few holes in the container cover, keep the container close. Mist the eggs once/twice a day depending on how dry it gets.

+1

I had a little betta container put a damp paper towel in it and put it on a many under tank heater for hermit crabs and reptiles and sprayed it once a day and had a clutch hatch that way...good luck and it is probably a good idea to have a separate tank for the baby with a bare bottom so you can make sure they get plenty to eat with out any competition I lost a lot of mine because they didn't get enough food I'm pretty sure...and it would be best if you let that tank sit and get lots of algae...but that's just my personal opinion for if you wanted a high survival rate...but I'm sure they will be fine in your tank the parents are in

My Mystery Snails LOVE Hikari Sinking Wafers made for corys and other bottom feeders. They attack that stuff. Good luck with your babies!

How many days does it take for them to hatch? Im thinking about taking them out a few days before they hatch?

How many days does it take for them to hatch? Im thinking about taking them out a few days before they hatch?

Takes 2-4 weeks depending on temp from what I've read.
Just had 6 clutches laid in the past 2 days so I'm hopin to see mine hatch as well! At least a few of them lol

Back
Top Bottom