Mystery Snail Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louise Lee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I am going to try to insert a picture, but just in case, this morning I found a what could be a bunch of little eggs shaped like a beehive or grapes, hanging from my 37 gallon tank. I did have two mysterious snails in there, but moved one out yesterday and one today as I am treating that tank with fungus medication. So apparently the one I moved today was a female. It looks like so me of the pix I've seen, except the shape of it. Is there a chance these will hatch, and if so, should I move them to where the mother snail is? Or should I just remove them if there is no chance of hatching. Is hatching the right word to use with fish eggs? Yes, newb here.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Mystery SNail Eggs

Cant wait to see it. I put the female snail back in the tank with the male (had moved him out earlier in prep for medication to that tank). Anyway, they were very glad to see each other! Looks like we will have more eggs soon. Do you know how long it takes once they have mated? (or should that be spawned?)

Mystery SNail Eggs

The female has left another batch of eggs, and probably will leave another in a day or so. Unbelievable! Now I see why snails multiply so fast.
I don't think the ones from the first batch will hatch. I knocked them into the water while cleaning the tank so they probably drowned.

Back
Top Bottom