Mystery snail inactive a few days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mzoeller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is my Mystery Snail sick or just inactive for a rew days? He only ate a little snailo on Friday, so I offered it again Saturday. He didn't eat any then and has been inactive since, laying on his side. He doesn't smell bad, so I don't think he's dead.

Cory cats pester him while he's having snailo, which I take out of the aquarium once the snail moves on. Could they be stressing him out?

I check water in my 10 gal every Saturday. Yesterday nitrate/nitrite/ammonia were 20/0/0. pH was 70. Temp 76° (running a little higher now that it's summer).

I would appreciate any input!20170527_163919-1.jpg

I had a Blue Mystery Snail do exactly that for a,couple of weeks. Lethargic, laying down, pushed out of his shell. No one in the tank pestered him though, then he just snapped out of it and was fine. I also had a Yellow Mystery Snail that similar happened, but he died. So don't really know what to tell you.

I had a Blue Mystery Snail do exactly that for a,couple of weeks. Lethargic, laying down, pushed out of his shell. No one in the tank pestered him though, then he just snapped out of it and was fine. I also had a Yellow Mystery Snail that similar happened, but he died. So don't really know what to tell you.
Thanks Meesh, unfortunately he didnt make it. He didn't pass the sniff test.

Oh, I'm sorry that he didn't make it. I left my guy outside for a couple of weeks and kept his shell after the elements took care of things. It's comforting. 20170529_142944.jpg

Back
Top Bottom