Mystery snail laying eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your snail is just getting air . When she does lay eggs she will climb 100% out of the water. You'll know it when you see it

ashleynicole said:
also with apple snails you need two, a male and a female in order to get eggs :)

Actually female apple/mystery snails can store sperm for 3 months. So no males needed.

I call that a snorkel.. lol.. sometimes they will extend it above the water line to fill their lung with air, then drop back to the bottom of the tank.. I call the drop, parasnailing.. one of my snails will parasnail for hours at a time.

Actually female apple/mystery snails can store sperm for 3 months. So no males needed.

Although they can indeed store sperm for an extended amount of time, a male most certainly is needed at some point to obtain the sperm.

Well of course males make the world go round. Like the kid says in the Dennis the menace movie if there were no boys who would take the ladies to the hospital lol

Back
Top Bottom