Mystery Snail Shell growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VaIkyrie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have had a Mystery Snail for a few weeks now. Over the weekend my in tank filter pump failed and replacing it was more expensive than upgrading the tank.

We purchased a bigger tank and salvaged as much water as possible. The only major change other than the tank was new sand.

The tank has been set up roughly 4 days, everything has been going smoothly.

Yesterday we noticed clusters of small dots stuck to the back side of Pennywise’s shell. They almost look like dandelion fluffs. I am concerned it might be a health issue.

There is only one other snail in the tank, which we believe may have been hiding in Pennywise’s shell when we purchased it, when we first noticed it was barely the size of a piece of gravel.

Can anyone help figure out what we are seeing?

Attachments

• EBB0DC81-3F7B-490E-9C6E-50E20583A72E.jpg
    EBB0DC81-3F7B-490E-9C6E-50E20583A72E.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 11B4CF04-0B08-47C8-A928-C97D60EE248C.jpg
    11B4CF04-0B08-47C8-A928-C97D60EE248C.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 24
To my untrained eye those look like snail egg clusters. Are they jelly like to the touch?

Last edited by a moderator:
To my untrained eye those look like snail wgg clusters. Are they jelly like to the touch?

They look to be. After some deeper research I believe the smaller snail laid them. I removed my blue mystery and cleaned the eggs off. Currently checking tank for more.

Back
Top Bottom