Mystery snail won't eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paynge1225

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new golden mystery snail I got a few weeks ago. It has been very active. I have tried feeding algae wafers but my guppies or shrimp are all over it. I have dropped them in with the lights on/off and broken bits and scattered in the tank. I'm sort of over my greedy fish so I have tried veggies. Spinach, lettuce, zucchini and cucumber. I have a veggie clip and nothing! I have fed at night and also now tried during the day....and no interest. Is he just full from the algae in my tank? Just don't to starve the little bugger!

I am also combatting algae bloom from leaving the lights on too long, so there is some extra algae around! That's another story though.....

14 gallon
6 male guppies
3 ghost shrimp
1 frustrating golden mystery snail

Try a frozen green bean just blanch it the drop it in i have a black mystery snail he wont touch algae but seem to eat left over food but he is always all over the green bean to make it easier i put peas in for my fish they love that lol i do this bout once a week with the veggies

Back
Top Bottom