Name my Gourami :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottsheldrick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

Usually I post on here if I'm having troubles with my tank so I thought I would change it up a ask you all about a more 'light hearted' issue I'm having.

I'm going to be purchasing a Dwarf Gourami on the weekend and I can't think of any names!

Have you got any suggestions or unique names that you've given your own fish?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's comments!

Thanks.

Wow, nobody on the cusp of doom..... Like you say, makes a nice change!

The last fish I named was a synodontis sp. I called Albert, because his white whiskers were reminiscent of Einsteins wild moustache. Kind of reminded me of the Einstein bobble heads in the movie night at the museum.

I have a puffer called Diddy p. the one before him was called spud-u-like because he looked like a little potato.

My gibbiceps is called papa G.
I have a group of corydoras agassizii I've named the spaghetti mob.

Long shot name, Bowie, because David Bowie played a part in the film labyrinth and these are labyrinth fish. (But I guess liking his music would be beneficial!)
Trick-a-Lilly...... Trichogaster lalia.....
Colin....... Colisa lalia......

Give it a week and the personality of the fish may help you decide.
Of the three I'd vote Bowie.

Well it's a dwarf so how about:
Doc
Sleepy
Sneezy
Drowsy
Bashful
Grumpy
or Dopey...

Wow, nobody on the cusp of doom..... Like you say, makes a nice change!

The last fish I named was a synodontis sp. I called Albert, because his white whiskers were reminiscent of Einsteins wild moustache. Kind of reminded me of the Einstein bobble heads in the movie night at the museum.

I have a puffer called Diddy p. the one before him was called spud-u-like because he looked like a little potato.

My gibbiceps is called papa G.
I have a group of corydoras agassizii I've named the spaghetti mob.

Long shot name, Bowie, because David Bowie played a part in the film labyrinth and these are labyrinth fish. (But I guess liking his music would be beneficial!)
Trick-a-Lilly...... Trichogaster lalia.....
Colin....... Colisa lalia......

Give it a week and the personality of the fish may help you decide.
Of the three I'd vote Bowie.

I love how creative those names are, definitely given me some inspiration! Ive only named one of my fish so far (had them a couple of months already). One of my kuhlis is called spot because it has spots in between its stripes and ive never seen that before..
My Bristlenose pleco that is sadly no longer with us was named 'kylie' by my girlfriend after kylie jenner (they both have sizeable lips haha)

Well it's a dwarf so how about:
Doc
Sleepy
Sneezy
Drowsy
Bashful
Grumpy
or Dopey...

Hahaha yes very fitting! Maybe ill wait until i see what personality he has to see which one fits best..

I'm getting a dwarf gourami too! Naming him Zamasu. All my tank animals are named after dbz characters. Krillin the platy, trunks and pan the ADFs. Name him something you're a fan of or after watching for a while you'll get to know his personality and come up with a very fitting name ;)

Back
Top Bottom