Name that cichlid! Dwarf Edition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, not sure what happened with this one, sorry guys. This is why I was staying away from west African lol so confusing

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

From what I can see riomuniensis has a golden cheek with a lighter colorized dorsal, while nigrodorsalis has a lighter gold through the first half of the body, and a darker colored dorsal. They both have a pinkish belly and look very similar.
The sites online could be wrong too. If I had a nickel for every fish I have seemed mislabeled id be a rich man.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That'd be a fun one, commonly mislabeled fish, and what they really are

Yeah westies are a pain, could have been easier if the were a few more SA dwarves in there, hint hint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I figured you guys wouldn't cheat that way lol

I figured you guys wouldn't cheat that way lol

I didn't cheat, i just stumbeld a crossed it confirming my suspicions.

That's typically my process, I'll have a general idea, and then google from there. Aside from the 2 or 3 I just knew.

Not accusing at all, just saying I knew about the website at the bottom when I found it on google, but didn't think anything of it

I have them listed as dhonti so nice job! Not sure about the 'orange',I had assumed male/female. It seems the females are a better color, and the males generally are drab. May be wrong on that

I will have to double check(translate to english) but Pelvicachromis signatus may now be Nanochromis signatus

And we need some more new world dwarves

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It might be, I'm not positive. For sure it's pattern is characteristic of it's species from what I was reading. Next round I'll do a theme much less variable and turbulent lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom