Name that cichlid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so another thread gave me this idea. What I will do is post SIX cichlid species (one from SA, one from CA, one from Malawi, one from Tanganyika, one from Victoria, and one from Madagascar, not necessarily in that order, it'd be too easy if I gave their natural ranges) and lets see if we can get all 6 named! I'll post another if it goes well. None of the pictures used will be mine unless stated otherwise. I will also not include any specific collection points, as those make it so complicated. Latin names preferred, as I'm gonna do some challenging ones! Good Luck!

PICTURE #1 (again, picture is NOT MINE!)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403549341.382703.jpg

2nandopsis beani 3 champaochromis caerulius 4 no clue 5 psuedocrenilabrus multicolor 6 paretroplus menarambo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow you're no fun man! I knew you'd be the one to get the majority. Still have 1 and 4 though. 1 is South American, 4 is tanganyikan

Nice guess, but no. I knew number one would stump you guys!

I learned of them form an old member on here that went by Cbourg. Not sure if he still has his, but these are rare. And if I remember right, the only species of their genus, may be wrong on that

Not that one either, another great guess. My lfs back home in Michigan actually has about 6 of those! Last remaining member of cichlasoma

Like an 8 or a 9 I'd say. You can get them if you know the right people, but you wouldn't see these in an LFS, at least I never have and mine is amazing when it comes to rarities

Nope, already been guessed :) not the one I thought would fool everyone. #4 is similar to a tropheus sp but s a different genus

Hey Freak can you pm me the answer to #1 Im out of guesses and don't want to spoil it for some one else. Its driving ne nuts....LOL

Back
Top Bottom