Name That Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
And now, it's time for yet another round of:
<crowd yelling> Name! That! Plant!

I got my alternanthera reineckii today, and as a bonus I guess, he sent me some of these. I have no idea what they are. Who on here does?

Sorry, but there will be no prize of any cash value for this round.

Attachments

• image-2384531626.jpg
    image-2384531626.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 94
Definitely looks like the moneywort pics on google. Many thanks.

Bonus Round: my unknown sword species had one of these on it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I cut it off when I switched tanks. Now it has another. I'm assuming it's trying to flower, but I doubt it will. Maybe this will help ID the species? Maybe I should leave It and see if it blooms?

Attachments

• image-3943397787.jpg
    image-3943397787.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 83
It's a runner! Dang it I have been trying to get mine to do that! If it gets to the surface it will flower but if you can keep it submerged it will make new plants on each of the nodes. Kind of like a spider plant.

Since it's making a bee-line for the surface, should I keep it under by weighing it down to the substrate somehow? Or just as long as it's underwater will it sprout roots along its length?

It'll sprout new plants above water also, just tends to dry out if they are getting too close to the light.

The mystery plant kinda looks like emersed form bacopa Australis as well.

It'll sprout new plants above water also, just tends to dry out if they are getting too close to the light.

The mystery plant kinda looks like emersed form bacopa Australis as well.

I agree. I just got a couple Bacopa plants and they look like that.

I had runners on my Amazon sword when I bought it. It was awesome because now I have 8 plants.

Definitely not that. It's the big one behind the lily...

Attachments

• image-3915612436.jpg
    image-3915612436.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 52
I have Dwarf chain sword that is fairly freshly planted. One plant of the 5 i got in the bunch has 2 runner stems which have 5 new plants forming and the runners are expanding still. Most of the other plants have runners forming too

Back
Top Bottom