Nano fish suggestions for 15 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pom Pom crab, sexy shrimp, maybe a candy cane pistol/ goby combo. A couple snails. That would be about it, though. You could always add some corals if you have a good light. :)

At the moment I have got a blue legged hermit, a turbo snail and some mushrooms and zoanthids in there. I was thinking of perhaps something along the line of nano gobies like a clown goby or other small fish that only really grow to about an inch?

Many thanks,

Daniel

At the moment I have got a blue legged hermit, a turbo snail and some mushrooms and zoanthids in there. I was thinking of perhaps something along the line of nano gobies like a clown goby or other small fish that only really grow to about an inch?

Many thanks,

Daniel

A clown goby would probably work, but that'll be the only fish.

It's only 4 gallons, so you'll only be able to have 1 small fish in there. You could have a couple sexy shrimp and some snails too, I would recommend banded trochus snails only because they move quicker than most and will give you something to watch. Most other snails are pretty slow moving and full to watch. Could do a few hermit crabs or emerald or Pom Pom too. But really only 1 small fish in that size tank.

There aren't a lot to choose from in that size, really. Go to liveaquaria.com and check out the nano section of SW fish. Most of those will even say that 10g is minimum, Unfortunately. The yellow watchman goby doesn't get very big and when paired with a pistol, it doesn't really swim around much. It'll just hang out near the opening of the burrow. The Catalina goby stays quite small, but needs cooler water, like 68-72*F. So if you got one of those, you could do some margarita snails, which are also from cooler waters, but that would be about it cuz most other SW livestock needs warmer water. And coral wont tolerate that temp.
The green citron clown goby is very pretty and colorful. I've seen on Here that some people have toadstool leathers that the clown goby will sit on, and it'll watch everything from there. And then you could do some corals to make the tank more interesting and colorful.

I would consider a yasha gobi. Much more colorful and interesting. And I would not consider pom pom crabs as they are well knows for nipping and eating soft corals.

Back
Top Bottom