Nano reef coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou9292

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i have a 12 gallon nano cube currently with two fish. A clownfish and a firefish and its fully stocked with live rock and sand. I want to start adding coral but not sure on what kind i should do, or how to care for coral. Any knowledge or advice on nano reefs is really what im looking for so please help and i recently updated the lighting to ecoxotic pro module leds. Thanks

Are you just using the Panorama pro strips or did you make a whole fixture?
I'd start out with soft corals such as Ricordeas, Mushrooms, Zoas, Xenia, and GSP.

Are you just using the Panorama pro strips or did you make a whole fixture?
I'd start out with soft corals such as Ricordeas, Mushrooms, Zoas, Xenia, and GSP.

I just placed them in the hood where the old lights were under the splash guard. This was what i was instructed to do by ecoxotic. Should i have done it differently? And thanks for the help im going to look into those corals.

No it's fine. I was just wondering, because normally they are used as support lights, but you can create fixtures with them. Which you basically did. How many strips do you have??

1 x 12K White/445nm Blue Panorama Pro Module
1 x 445nm Royal Blue Panorama Pro Module

I talked to someone from ecoxotic and he said they usually recommend this for 12g nano reefs to support soft corals and sps. Do you think it should be enough for my nano reef?

Do u think it would be ok to do lps in my reef to with those leds?

Ok thx im going to hopefully start with soft coral this week.

Back
Top Bottom