naso not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miller_time

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a blonde naso tang that I got about 2 weeks ago and I can't get him to eat much. every once in a while it'll eat a small piece of food, but not nearly enough to keep it alive for very long. he hasn't been picked on by any other fish and swims/looks normally, but thus far has failed to show much interest in any types of foods that i've introduced.

i've tried flakes, mysid, frozen foods, and seaweed, all of which i've soaked in garlic, but it still shows no interest. any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that.

Try not soaking it.

What kind of garlic are you soaking it in.

If you go to the market, try to get some Sushi NORI (usually 1.98) and see if it will eat that.

its just a generic brand i bought from my LFS -- i've tried feeding with and w/o it but with the same results...i'll try and get some Nori tonight and see if that works

When I was researching Naso tangs last year, the fact that the mortality rate was high due to them refusing to eat, pretty well scared me off for awhile. Then the LFS told me that they could get me one that was good sized and guaranteed eating, so I got one.

I second Timbo on the Nori as that is the only thing my Naso would eat....but he did eat it well.

i've tried the nori and its been picking at it throughout the day...so far so good. now another question : will nori alone provide a complete enough source of nutrition to maintain the tang in the long run?

will nori alone provide a complete enough source of nutrition to maintain the tang in the long run?

Between what it munches off the LR (algae wise) and what it will most likely begin eating during reg feedings, yes.

Back
Top Bottom