Nassarius snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtlion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, just had a quick question regarding nassarius snails. I have had my tank up for about a year now and all fish, hermits, turbo, and margarita snails are doing fine. Earlier in the year I added 10 nassarius snails to my tank, saw them for about 2 weeks and then they disappeared. I then bought several more a month or so later and it was the same thing. I am not thinking it had anything to do with water quality as everything else is thriving. I was thinking about buying some more soon but don't want to throw the money away on them. Does anyone have any ideas or had the same type of experience? Thanks!

Have you found them dead? They may just be happily buried.

Yes when moving my sand around I had unfortunately found them dead in the sand bed :(

Maybe you did not acclimate them enough. I know mine still come up when I feed. Also be careful moving that sand around. It will foul up the tank.

Odd that they were all dead in the sand. Mine bury themselves with just a little "snorkle" poking out. When it's feeding time they erupt from the sand like zombies in a B-rate movie. One of them is huge and it's impressive how easily he can hide himself in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom