Native fish collecting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once they get bigger like 8-10 inches it might be more of a problem but I raised 4 mudcats out of a pond that were 1/2 inch when I got them and put them in a 10 gal. One grew faster and eventually ate the other ones one by one but she stopped growing after she got to be almost 6 inches. So what I'm saying is they will grow to match their environment, at least in my experiences.

That is good to know. I may eventually buy one that's with is larger, and make it a native tank instead. I think it would be awesome. And no running to petco when something dies, just out to the pond with a fish trap.

That is good to know. I may eventually buy one that's with is larger, and make it a native tank instead. I think it would be awesome. And no running to petco when something dies, just out to the pond with a fish trap.

Hey bigger is always better haha. But any native species are fun to keep and observe. My suggestion is to make sure to add logs and driftwood for them to use as cover so they feel more at home in the tank. And I agree with you on that having a never ending supply of fish

Back
Top Bottom