neccessary to change filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmyD

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 60 litre biorb and have heard that the filters aren't very good. I was wondering if it was neccessary to change the filter cartridges every 4-8 weeks as the manufacturer suggests. After doing a bit of research i have decided that the biorb will be upgraded eventually to a better tank.

The manufacturers are after a higher profit margin. You do not have to change your filter media that often. In fact, I rinse mine every few weeks, but only change it out when it's falling apart or clogged beyond rinsing. I would say the average for me changing a filter cartridge out is probably once every 4-5 months.

Thankyou, i realise now that i should have researched what tank to buy properly :(
We learn from our mistakes and i shall definately not make this mistake again!

There is a huge learning curve in this hobby. It's well worth it once you get all kinds of research under your belt, as well as learning by mistake. Then you can let out the breath you've been holding and relax.

I'm really getting in to it, can't wait til i've completed my first fishless cycle :)

Back
Top Bottom