Need a biotope for a 33 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmaline

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I've been had freshwater tanks for ten years or so (and marine for three). This post is in regard to an empty 33 long tank I have. I really want to turn it into a freshwater biotope. I really just need to get pointed in the right direction. I haven't found any biotope that 'speaks' to me, though I've lurking on wetwebmedia and mongabay weeks.

I read the descriptions of the rocky shore biotopes here: Tanganyika Cichlid Habitats. The sediment-free rocky habitat was very intriguing. Large rocks layered in a tank without substrate, allowing green algea/moss to completely cover the rocks. Perhaps some small fish to hide in the crevices. But I can't find any photo of that specific biotope to confirm. Any leads to get more detailed info?

Anyone know of a biotope that closely resembles my description, or have a great suggestion that I should hear?

My tap water has a ph of 7-8, hardwater, but I have a RO/DI unit for my marine tank... so anything goes really. I just don't like the dark tannin-stained look.

Emma

Back
Top Bottom