Need a sand sifter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My cories and assassins do some pretty good digging. Is this for your 20 gal?

MTS are really the kings of doing this. Nothing else will get as deep in the sand to help turn it as well as them. Especially cory cats. Assassins will work, but they don't get as numerous as the MTS.

@eggheadfish no this is for my 40g. @ mebbid assassins are not an option as I have five beautiful nerites. Three zebra and two red ones with spots. Finding it tough to find MTS around my area.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

@eggheadfish no this is for my 40g. @ mebbid assassins are not an option as I have five beautiful nerites. Three zebra and two red ones with spots. Finding it tough to find MTS around my area.

Many aquarists will give you some for free. Maybe you could buy some plants from someone on the forum and ask if they can throw some in :)

Yep. Been to 4 petsmarts and three petlands. I may venture farther to some other stores , but you'd think one out of 6 stores would have some.some of the ppl didn't even know what I was talking about.lol

I had never seen them before until I traded some fish to a guy on a Facebook local fish keeping page. He warned me that the plants he gave me might have some. I haven't seen any but if they appear they're all yours.
If I want something I always talk to the LFS employees to see if they know anyone personally, craigslist, this forum, Facebook etc, sometime these hidden troves have to be dug up :)

@ eggheadfish, yah, I've only had luck with getting pond snails with my plants.lol. now I'm finished with buying plants and all I want is some MTS's. I am keeping an eye out at stores and social media. Just seams I'm getting skunked the past few days. @ mebbid, thanx for the link. When I have time I'll be searching it thoroughly!!

Is it urgent? I'm planning on buying some ghost shrimp from this guy in Jan or Feb and I'm sure he would give me MTS for free which I could ship to you. I just won't be heading that way for a little while but happy to ask him if you'd like!

Thanx @Eggheadfish, found one place in all of Calgary that admitted to having them.lol. Big Al's had about a trillion of them. Got 6 for 1$. thanx for the offer tho!!

Back
Top Bottom