Need advice about ferts please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
All of my tanks are low-medium light with Carib Sea sand and/or fine gravel substrate. As far as plants I have vals, ludwigia, moneywort, swords, anubias, dwarf water lettuce, dwarf sag, various mosses. I use Flourish root tabs and Flourish Comprehensive when I remember :whistle:

I want to make sure that I'm using the correct ferts, and how often should I be dosing and replacing the root tabs? All but 1 of my tanks has shrimp if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much!

I would add in API LeafZone so that micros and macros are both covered.

Add in the Comprehensive and the LeafZone right after you do your weekly water changes. That way you won't forget.

If you were using store-bought root tabs, once they're gone switch to DIY root tabs as they tend to last longer.

Store-bought, follow the directions. DIY usually last for 3 to 4 months. If your plants look sickly add a new root tab.

These fertilizers will not harm shrimp as long as you are dosing correctly. I have shrimp as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would add in API LeafZone so that micros and macros are both covered.

Add in the Comprehensive and the LeafZone right after you do your weekly water changes. That way you won't forget.

If you were using store-bought root tabs, once they're gone switch to DIY root tabs as they tend to last longer.

Store-bought, follow the directions. DIY usually last for 3 to 4 months. If your plants look sickly add a new root tab.

These fertilizers will not harm shrimp as long as you are dosing correctly. I have shrimp as well.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom