need advice on plant supplements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spellweaver9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im getting ready to order some plant supplements for my planted aquarium---im ordering root tabs, has anyone ever used flora pride?or the botanica grow? any help is appreiciated i have been using biospheres plant nutrient but cant find it around---thanks. i want something that will cover pretty much everything plants need combined with the root tabs--thanks

In the past when using commercial products I have always used the Seachem line. They have everything you could need or want, the only gripe I have is their potassium supplement is very weak. Give me more details about your tank and I will be better able to help you.

10 gallon- flourite- baby tears, hairgrass,brown wendii crypts,and a few other plants but i dont know what they are--im a newbie- they are all doing good, i was using biospheres plant nutrient but cant find it. fish--guppy babys- i have a 30 gallon to but am waiting on plants for it. does this help?? i hope so, oh and i do use flourish excel.

Hi spellweaver9,

I use KENT "Freshwater Plant" with KENT "Pro*Plant" with my regular water changes.

Instead of the expensive aquarium root tabs, I use regular JOBE'S Plant food spikes "For Lush Ferns & Palms 16-2-6"

NOTE: If any of you reading this, decide to try the JOBE'S spikes...
Make sure you get the "For Lush Ferns & Palms 16-2-6"
In the 16-2-6, the 2 is the percentage of Phosphoric Acid.
The regular spikes have much more phosphates and will cause an algae bloom.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom