Need advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for your advice. :) I think that is going to be the route I take, the qt to make sure (with the heat) and then gradually depending on his reaction move him into the big tank. I looked into a few online places (I don't think aquabid or the other one you mentioned was any of them) I found that they either don't ship to Canada or that if they do it will cost me the same price as the fish itself. :-( I went around today to the lfs and my discus is looking pretty sad. I don't know if he's going to pull through :-( can you believe it makes it through culminarus to possibly be taken down by ich?? Crazy!

Mlani said:
Thank you for your advice. :) I think that is going to be the route I take, the qt to make sure (with the heat) and then gradually depending on his reaction move him into the big tank. I looked into a few online places (I don't think aquabid or the other one you mentioned was any of them) I found that they either don't ship to Canada or that if they do it will cost me the same price as the fish itself. :-( I went around today to the lfs and my discus is looking pretty sad. I don't know if he's going to pull through :-( can you believe it makes it through culminarus to possibly be taken down by ich?? Crazy!

I believe it only because it sounds like your lfs staff doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Anyone adds new discus to my old ones in my shop would be fired that's for sure it's common knowledge I still can't believe they did that. As soon as the fish was better the first time they shoulda called you to get it before they added more fish in with him. Yeah just watch him closely with the heat treatment if he acts stressed remedy the situation ASAP. Hope it all works out for you:)

Me too. Thank you. I really hope he pulls through. I've kind of got the "I have to save him" complex going on with this discus now. I also don't want to be stupid about it either. I want to make sure I'm doing everything right by him and my other fishies when he comes home. But then I'm also terrified even after doing everything proper he'll die anyway. Alas the downfall yet also the biggest challenge with this hobby hey?

Good luck with your discus, I would still get him and quarantine it, I would also get a warranty in writing from the manager so if it doesn't survive quarantine you can get a full refund. As far as posting videos you need to create a YouTube account (easy and free) if you have gmail for your email you use that and just sign into YouTube. Upload your video and then watch your video on YouTube, while watching it copy the address in the address bar and paste it into your message/reply on here.

kdpuffer said:
Good luck with your discus, I would still get him and quarantine it, I would also get a warranty in writing from the manager so if it doesn't survive quarantine you can get a full refund. As far as posting videos you need to create a YouTube account (easy and free) if you have gmail for your email you use that and just sign into YouTube. Upload your video and then watch your video on YouTube, while watching it copy the address in the address bar and paste it into your message/reply on here.

Thank you. That's a really good idea to get it in writing. I never think of those things, I guess I'm a little naive when it comes to trusting people on their word. I'll have to give the you tube thing a try when I'm on the computer (I'm on the mobile app right now) unless it would work on my phone too? You made it sound much easier than my kids did. I think maybe they're afraid their baby videos might end up on there. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom