Need Advice.....taking fish 90 miles.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, my tank finally cycled:dance:and I am getting fish tomorrow:D. However, in my town I only have walmart and an extremely poorly kept LFS. So, I am making a 90 mile trip to the next big town to get my fish. They have a Petco and a very nice LFS there.

I am wondering how to transport the fish back home. I am going to keep the bags in a box so it is dark and for insulation, I think I am going to put some packing peanuts around the bags. Any suggestions on what else I should do? Or am I good? I just really don't want any casualties on the ride home.

:thanks: in advance

I travel about 70 miles with them on the passenger seat in a bag and just keep the ac on as close to 75-80 as possible corals inverts and fish... They go thru much much worse during shipping lol

Just make sure you ask for them to use oxygen to fill the bags

Just put the bags in a cooler no need for oxygen. I've had fish in a cooler for over six hours and they were fine. Just make sure that you acclimate them slowly when you put them in your tank and they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom