Need advise on filter options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pupppz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and to this hobby. Here is my tmc microhabitat 30. IMG_5659.jpgIMG_5661.jpg

Now I need your help guys on what options shall I go when its come to filtering . I have a live rock around 4 kilos. I haven't put anything in the centre chamber which is for filtering.! Guy from the local fish shop advised me to buy some live rocks and break them in to pieces and put it in the chamber. But, I have seen different options such as filter floss, activated carbon and bio media balls, rowa phos . Can anyone please advice me on which option is the best for my tank. Also I have ordered a kent bio reef tank wave maker pump , as you can see my tank picture, can you please tell me which side / angle to place the wave pump for a good water circulation. Thank you so much.

Thank you Sniperhank for your reply. Also can you please advise me which Angle / side do I need to choose for the wave pump! Thank you

Thank you so much once again . Please look below my water test results.! Any advice from my test please as my nitrate level is 40ppm. Thanks youIMG_5666.jpg

Don't worry about testing pH. It'll stay where it wants and fluctuate throughout the day. Just make sure you have a nice 'ripple' on the water surface.
When was the last time ammonia was presented to the system?

Thsnk you Sniperhank . My hasn't completed its month cycle yet. I did the test over the weekend and it was 0 . Made 15% water change on Monday and I did the test again.
I will be placing a wave pump today as per your advice. I will post a picture soon . Thank you

I would do like the LFS guy said. I would put small pieces of LR in that chamber. Eventually you would have the bacteria that would take care of excessive nutrients. Not discounting Hanks advice but IMO both would work.

Thank you melosu for your reply .. yes I will definitely try your advise .

Hi Sniperhank . I have now placed the wave maker and Its a kent marin wave maker. Its showe as 2000l/h. Now I can see a real water circulation. Can you please temm me do I have to keep the wave maker on 24/7. Also do you think this wave maker is enough for my 30l tank .. please find below the picture .
Thank you
IMG_5669.jpg

Sniperhank thank you once again. I would like to ask you few more advice on this.. the kent wave maker its too powerful for my tank and I ordered hydor koralia evo 900 pump . Also I would like bring a wave motion I have seen these 2 options..
1. Hydor smart wave controller
2. Jebao sw2

If I go for Jebao sw2 can I yse hydor 900 for water flow and Jebao for wave effect!?? Is it too much for my little tank!? Or shall I stick with hydor wave controller??
Please I really need your advice on this .
Thank you

Don't worry about that silly wave stuff. Won't do anything for your tank. You simply want to have the GPH in your tank 10-20x the water capacity. Two powerheads will help create a more 'chaotic' flow.

Back
Top Bottom