need an opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pookie71384

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 29 gallon tank with four convicts...going to be getting ride of two so I just stay with two female pink convicts...oh yeah...I also have a pleco...being that I'm getting ride of two convicts and the pleco always hides there's just going to be two convicts in the tank which is pretty boring...I know convicts can be very aggressive but are there and tough fast little school fish I can also put in there that would make it more exciting to look at???...I was thinking maybe some tiger barbs...anyone have any ideas???

cool...I like jacks a lot...me personally I think jacks are more aggressive then convicts...I think a 29 gallon with two convicts and a jack would be to much...jacks get big and real nasty when they reach adult size

pookie71384 said:
cool...I like jacks a lot...me personally I think jacks are more aggressive then convicts...I think a 29 gallon with two convicts and a jack would be to much...jacks get big and real nasty when they reach adult size

I agree. I would try tiger barbs.

here's a pic of my 29 gallon setup...you can kind of see my convicts...you can get an idea on there size

ForumRunner_20120208_135513.jpg

A tank that size I would jus stick wit the convicts if u do go wit the barbs I would limit it to only 4r5 I once bought 10 barbs as dither fish an they was fine till I went to town an my jacks ate all 10 of em 30$ lesson learned lol

lol...I'm going to just stick with the convicts lol...you think three female convicts would do fine in my size tank?

Sure but if they start gettin sum size on em u may wanna consider gettin a bigger tank lol and make sure they r all females cause they r prolific breeders!!! Trust me I'm dealin wit it now

lol...I've been doing a lot of research and everything I find says they only get about 4 inches...5 the max but that's rare and the males are the ones that get larger so it looks like I'm good lol...I tried community fish like platys...swordtails...tetras and fish like that but I find them boring...cichlids have way more personality...so far I've had convicts...oscars...jacks...jewels...texas and yellow labs...more entertaining to look at

pookie71384 said:
lol...I've been doing a lot of research and everything I find says they only get about 4 inches...5 the max but that's rare and the males are the ones that get larger so it looks like I'm good lol...I tried community fish like platys...swordtails...tetras and fish like that but I find them boring...cichlids have way more personality...so far I've had convicts...oscars...jacks...jewels...texas and yellow labs...more entertaining to look at

I couldn't agree more lol

3 an sum babies lol honestly if it wasn't for the babies I would have hundreds more they have become experts at demolishing every batch of fry since their days as fry

wow lol...do you ever take out the babys and give them away?.
.or do you just let the convicts decide who lives and who doesn't lol

I have taken em out b4 but nobody really wants em an the tank I have now is a 150g and its pretty hard to chase the lil guys down lol

lol I could imagin...that's like an ocean in there eyes lol

Yea I've always wanted one lol now I want a 300g an ill b happy.....maybe

Back
Top Bottom