need definition of Biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tractorholic

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know if this is the right place, but here goes. I'm just getting back into the hobby after being out for a few years due to divorce. I've been reading the magazines and threads here and everyone is talking about "biotopes". Could someone please explain this term to me, and enlighten an oldtimer on what it means please. Will be most grateful.:thanks:

A biotope simply means recreating a natural habitat as accurately as possible. Local plants, local species, correct temperatures, and even brown/tannis soaked water if you like

I sure appreciate the explamation. I kind of thought it might me like that. It's interesting that aquariests are trying to do this for the fish they keep. What a neat bunch of folks. thanks again

currently in the process of planning out a amzonian biotope , its a lot of fun if you like doing research , which I do . Finding the fish that work for a biotope is proving easier then locating the plants i need, cant wait to have it done , all thats holding me back is money

Back
Top Bottom