Need equipment help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevoholic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm getting a 20g along with a stand from a friend for 30 bucks, but I'm having trouble finding equipment that I can use with it. I was hoping I could get some good recommendations from you guys.

Dimensions: 24"L x 12"D x 20"H

So far I've found:

Filter: AquaClear 50 Power Filter
Heater:Fluval M 100-Watt Submersible Heater

As for the decorations I'm planning either one piece of driftwood that will pretty much fill the whole tank or one smaller piece and then some sort of natural rock cave/structure. I have a dry creek bed that runs behind my house so I'm going to go exploring there later.

I'm having trouble finding a hood that will allow me to have a planted tank. All of the ones I've seen don't have enough power. Also, will I need any sort of co2 diffuser?

I can't think of anything else, but if anybody has any other suggestions I'm open to them.

That filter is an excellent choice. there are lots of plants that will grow with fairly low light, such as Anubia, Cryptocorynes, and Java fern.Even Vals will grow with less than great light.

That filter is an excellent choice. there are lots of plants that will grow with fairly low light, such as Anubia, Cryptocorynes, and Java fern.Even Vals will grow with less than great light.

These are the plants I've been looking at.

Amazon Sword
Anacharis
Anubias nana
Chain Sword
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Dwarf Hairgrass
Dwarf Sagittaria
Hornwort
Java Fern

What type of hood would I need for all of those? Can all of those even grow in the same tank? Would I need co2 for these? Root Tabs?

Back
Top Bottom