Need Fertilizer Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am really confused on how to figure out what i need to dose my planted tank with and how much i need to use. I have a 75Gallon Tank Low-Tech with 1.44 WPG of T5HO Lighting, the tank will be fully planted from the start and is an empty tank untill i figure out everything i need to know.

If someone would be so kind to explain to me how i figure out how to properly dose my tank it would be very helpfull. I have tried looking online via google and it just is'nt helping me very much because they assume i know things that i dont have the understanding of yet so in the explination try and keep this in mind :).

Instructions are usually on the bottle/package of the fert your using. I recommend using seachems products. Their root tabs and liquid ferts like comprehensive are good.

Instructions are usually on the bottle/package of the fert your using. I recommend using seachems products. Their root tabs and liquid ferts like comprehensive are good.

But i need to know what types of ferts i need to be using to give all my plants what they need, i dont know all the chemicals i need so im looking for a list of those. and what not...looking for more detailed info

You can do liquid or tab. Liquid isn't as beneficial to most as root tabs since some plants only take nutrients from roots. You can also get flourish excel which is a replacement to the use of co2 as it contains one of the main chemicals it releases but isn't as effective. Nothing more detailed is needed just choose one read instructions and dose away. Here are some good products to look into.

Seachem. Flourish Tabs

Seachem. Flourish

Seachem. Flourish Excel

Google is proven useful sometimes too :)

What kind of plants do you have in the tank? If they are all low light you may not need any. If they are all stems they will not benefit from tabs as much either. It really depends on your plant list.

Back
Top Bottom