Need Filter Recommendations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletGoby

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 75 gallon tank with an Aqueon Quiet Flow 75. It's not cutting it. I was wanting to either get two filters or a filter meant for a larger tank.

I like the Fluval C2 for my smaller tank, but I'd like to know what you guys use and like!

Tank Filtration

I have a 75 gallon tank with an Aqueon Quiet Flow 75. It's not cutting it. I was wanting to either get two filters or a filter meant for a larger tank.

I like the Fluval C2 for my smaller tank, but I'd like to know what you guys use and like!

Hello Vio...

The Aqueon is enough filtration for your 75 G, but is very inexpensive and I believe you get what you pay for, so it may not last long. Just my opinion, though. A couple of Hagen Aquaclear 50 hang on the back filters placed at opposite ends of the tank will give you sufficient filtration and aeration, but at roughly $40.00 a piece, are more expensive, but very easy to clean. I've used the same AC 50s in my larger tanks for several years with no problems.

B

Thank you! The filter was from a previous owner of the tank and researching pricing on Aqueon they are pretty inexpensive, but the saying goes 'Buy nice or buy twice!'

I use a ZooMed macro50 external canister filter for my 29g and I love it. Ext filters are a little pricy but well worth it imo. I also like that I can buy my media in bulk and that saves on being forced to by that particular brands filters

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've got the aquaclear 110 on my 75 and I love it. It stirs up the water quite nicely and has excellent flow. I've only had it a few months but no complaints. I think I paid $80 which is a little expensive but I figured you get what you pay for.

I'd say keep the hob, stuff it with filter floss and sponges, get a nice canister filter and have a pristine crystal clear tank!

Another thing I have is a uv sterilizer. Helps keeps the water crystal clear. Doesnt hurt the plants and is inexpensive

This is how clear the water is. It was so cloudy I could not see the plants in the back. Installed the canister filter and the uv sterilizer and it cleared in 3 days

Attachments

• 1395179136853.jpg
    1395179136853.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 1395179189985.jpg
    1395179189985.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 73
This is how clear the water is. It was so cloudy I could not see the plants in the back. Installed the canister filter and the uv sterilizer and it cleared in 3 days

Your tank is super clear! I like it ! Have you noticed if the canister filter is noisier than the power filters?

it is so quiet I actually have to feel the outtake to make sure it is working. It would be even clearer but I jave not cleaned the glass in a few weeks

Also as a side note. Canister filters vary by brand so make sure to do your research before buying.

Hay vio my opinion 2 aqua clear 110s there is never to much filtration over kill is the way to go. Your tank will stay crystal clear at all times no matter what you throw at it. You'll have pease of mind. Good luck happy filtering.

Back
Top Bottom