need good co2 regulater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daneek155

Aquarium Advice Activist
i want to order a co2 regulater today whats a good one and where can i order one. thank you

do i need to get a glass diffuser or what is good?? i see it comes with a bubble counter

daneek155 said:
do i need to get a glass diffuser or what is good?? i see it comes with a bubble counter

I would get a glass diffuser and a check valve. That's be the perfect set up IMO!

daneek155 said:
ok thanks

You have a regular co2 tank an not a paintball tank right? I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction.

For a few bucks more you could go with the AquariumPlants.com Carbon Doser 2. It has a much better solenoid and a much better warrantee than the Milwaukee.

yeah i am going to buy a 10lb co2 tank.. how much would that last in a 55g tank. i have 216watts of light

daneek155 said:
yeah i am going to buy a 10lb co2 tank.. how much would that last in a 55g tank. i have 216watts of light

Shoot. It'll probably last 12 months! That's just a rough guess though. I've never heard of anyone using a large tank like that.

really?people told me it will last like 3 months.. the 10lb is not going to look good in my living room. a 5lb is smaller. maybe ill just go with the 5lb tank. its 20 bucks cheaper

blert said:
For a few bucks more you could go with the AquariumPlants.com Carbon Doser 2. It has a much better solenoid and a much better warrantee than the Milwaukee.

Do people have trouble win the solenoid in the Milwaukee??

daneek155 said:
really?people told me it will last like 3 months.. the 10lb is not going to look good in my living room. a 5lb is smaller. maybe ill just go with the 5lb tank. its 20 bucks cheaper

Yeah 5 pounds is what most people use. It's alot easier to hide. It also depends on how many bubbles per second you use varies the lifespan of a single fill on the tank.

im going to get it. the doser 2 is 120 and the milwakke is 90. how much bubbles per second is normal. my tank is a dwarf heavy planted south american cichlid tank... im setting up a 20 long just incase my rams pair off and become really aggresive

pleechford said:
Do people have trouble win the solenoid in the Milwaukee??

Don't get me wrong, the Milwaukees are very good units. But recently they went to a six month warrantee and the regular solenoids that are in use, including on the Milwaulkees, are high voltage which produce a lot of heat which kills your solenoid over time. You may never have an issue with this or it may hit you seven months down the road. Solenoids can run you as much as fifty bucks on their own. I went with the few bucks more to score a better solenoid and better warrantee. Bought two actually.

blert said:
Don't get me wrong, the Milwaukees are very good units. But recently they went to a six month warrantee and the regular solenoids that are in use, including on the Milwaulkees, are high voltage which produce a lot of heat which kills your solenoid over time. You may never have an issue with this or it may hit you seven months down the road. Solenoids can run you as much as fifty bucks on their own. I went with the few bucks more to score a better solenoid and better warrantee. Bought two actually.

I never thought about that! So the Carbon doser II is the best one then?

Back
Top Bottom