Need Guppy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guffey_c

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I love my little guppies but my males are taking turns getting bloated, scales almost look like they are standing out, and breathing problems before death. My females seem fine. My Fry are alive and kicken. I am down to 9 guppies (2 male) and a bunch of fry, plus a snail or two-don't know where they came from-and some ghost shrimp in a 20 gal tank. I just moved up 10 gal to the 20 gal and things are not going smooth. Water tests are fine. I am tired of the local pet stores telling me my boys are girls. They are deffinatly male. I have treated with Jungle Fungus, changed water and i don't know what to do. I have had these guys since i was in the 2 gal tank...please help.....bloated males dying :(

if they "pinecone" then its dropsy.

turn up the heat a little bit maybe 5 degrees max and add epsom salt.

aquarium salt and epsom are the same exact thing, you just pay alot more for the aquarium name. But yes it helps expel the excess liquid build up in the soft tissues under the skin/scales, yes humans get it too.

Thanks

I am adding epson salt now. All but 4 are dead, except for about 30 fry i moved into the hospital tank :rolleyes:

that was a smart move putting them in the clinic tank (lol!) so yeah i would just totally restart the 20 gal and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom