Need help asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damian

Aquarium Advice Regular
55 gallon fish tank with fluval 305 and aquaclear filters. I had high ammonia levels in my tank and high Ph. Picked up this called neutral regulator where it adjusts the Ph level to 87.0 and removes ammonia. I put it in the tank checked my Ph level and ammonia levels and everything dropped to safe levels. Now the only problem is all all my fish are swimming on the surface gasping for air. I took some of the water out so there is a better air circulation. But no help. What should I do.

Short answer, do a large temp matched and treated water change.

How long has your tank been set up? What fish and filtration do you have?

Its been for about a year now. I have a fluval 305 and aquaclear 70. 2 angel fish 4tetras 2 algae eaters 1 gourami 2 coris 2 that I don't remember the name and a catfish.

Welcome to AA!
The reason your fish are gasping is because of the drastic change in ph. Depending on what your original ph level was, most fish can adapt. If you need to lower it, add the ph regulator to your pwc replacement water. As for the ammonia, do water changes to fix that as well.

A large partial water change might help and don't add the ph regulator right now.

Thanks redsea. Maybe there is still hope my fish are doing much than before.

Damian said:
Thanks redsea. Maybe there is still hope my fish are doing much than before.

Glad to hear they're doing better. The large water change worked then?

It wasn't a large water change maybe 20%there but it deft helped.

Angelfish help

My new Angelfish are not eating and swimming. Two died already. What is going on.

I just checked and its pretty crappy. I did a water change about 4days ago and everything spikes back up. I don't over feed and I have two filters.

Damian said:
I just checked and its pretty crappy. I did a water change about 4days ago and everything spikes back up. I don't over feed and I have two filters.

What are the exact numbers? How old is the tank? What other fish are in it? How big is it (I think I missed that)?
Do a large water change using dechlorinator ASAP.

Ph is about 6.4 ammonia is about 0.25. Tank is over a year old. Community fish. 55 gallons. Every time I do about a 20% water change weekly. I add this powder that makes the eater safe.

Damian said:
Ph is about 6.4 ammonia is about 0.25. Tank is over a year old. Community fish. 55 gallons. Every time I do about a 20% water change weekly. I add this powder that makes the eater safe.

I'm sorry what does the powder do? Is it a dechloinator?

Yes it also removes ammonia and its a Ph regulator

Back
Top Bottom