Need Help ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok today while I was moving stuff around and moving a fish tank around I had my goldfish in a bucket and it jumped out. I'm not sure how long it was out of water. When I put it back in the water it didn't move and didn't look like it was even breathing but after a few minutes it started breathing slowly and than started moving around a bit. Now its gills are very red and its left fin isn't moving and its just hanging out in one spot in the tank. I have no idea what to do. It doesn't look too good. Is there anything I can do to help this little baby? She is still very small about an inch or so in size. Thank you!!

Theres not too much you can do. You could put extra stress coat in there. I would leave the lights off for a day and see if he improves. He might just be stressed

Ok today while I was moving stuff around and moving a fish tank around I had my goldfish in a bucket and it jumped out. I'm not sure how long it was out of water. When I put it back in the water it didn't move and didn't look like it was even breathing but after a few minutes it started breathing slowly and than started moving around a bit. Now its gills are very red and its left fin isn't moving and its just hanging out in one spot in the tank. I have no idea what to do. It doesn't look too good. Is there anything I can do to help this little baby? She is still very small about an inch or so in size. Thank you!!

He's porbs in shock hopefully he gets better:/

What about his little fin? I have seen it move a few times but not very much :/ I changed the water and everything is as good as I can get it. Now its just up to him...I really hope it makes it!

Well he made it through the night but he looks pretty rough this morning...it looks at if its skin peeled off a little bit on one of its sides. And his tail looks a little beat up. Once I figure out how to find people Samzter I will! Thank you!

Do you have stress coat? That has aloe in it and can help heal him up.

I have prime not sure if it has the stress coat in it but if not I can try and get some

Prime is a better declorinator. I just thought if you had stress coat you could add it. How's he doing now?

He is moving around a lot more tonight and ate and seems better but his side is still worrying me. I added a little extra prime. So I am keeping my fingers crossed! Thank you everyone

He is moving around a lot more tonight and ate and seems better but his side is still worrying me. I added a little extra prime. So I am keeping my fingers crossed! Thank you everyone

Hope he survives :( I hate losing important fish;(

I hate losing any fish! He is still hanging in there! Every once in a while I peak in on him to see how he is doing and he is still alive and moving around thank goodness! And when I fed him last night he acted like nothing ever happened and was eating very well! Hopefully he keeps fighting and gets better! I will keep everyone updated!

Sounds like he will pull through. If he eats good he has the will to live. Just keep your tank clean so he doesn't get any secondary infections. You said he has some scales gone right?

I think they are gone...I dont even know how to explain it. This might be a terrible description but it reminds me of when someones lips are chapped and they chew on them and they have like skin peeling off?? lol sorry if thats a terrible way to explain it but its just the only thing that popped in my head...his tail also is a little roughed up :/ But like I said he looks a lot better already and was very eager to eat last night which made me feel a little better. I am definitely going to be keeping the tank very clean. Do you think small water changes would be better so I dont stress him out too much?

That's ok scales will grow back. Yes do small water changes. Test your water make sure you have amm 0 nitrite 0 nitrate < 20

Ok thank you! His side is actually starting to look a little better already. But I will definitely keep up on the water changes and make sure he has a clean tank!! Thank you again! I will keep updating on him!

Well he seems to be almost 100% better! Eating and swimming around very well!! Thank you again everyone!

Me too! When he gets some size to him and the weather gets better he will be moving to a nice pond to live out his life :)

Back
Top Bottom