Need help breeding cherry shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need help breeding cherry shrimps I've had them for just over 2 months now in a cycled tank which has been running for a year with a cycled filter.

I have around 14 cherry shrimps and there are both male and female shrimps in the tank. I have only seen saddled shrimps never any berried shrimps. All the saddled shrimps have moulted before but none of them have become pregnant....

Could someone help me out please
That would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well a bunch of us posted on your last thread about this trying to help. Patience :) and time. They will eventually breed. There isn't much to do to speed it up

Well a bunch of us posted on your last thread about this trying to help. Patience :) and time. They will eventually breed. There isn't much to do to speed it up

Yeah I know you keep saying patiences but I'm pretty sure they should have become berried now
It's been more than 2 months and still nothing...I've read online and other people are telling me that they should have berried now as they have settled down now and it's been quite a while.

Apparently they are meant to breed like rabbits but not what I have seen of them

Any chance you can order more? Possibly with some berried females included?

How many are actually in the tank and what size? The more there are the higher the chances of babies but if you only have like 5 it is going to take longer

Do a cool WC with RO water, it will get them Going. You don't usually have to do this, but sometimes it will get the stubborn ones going ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 14 cherry shrimps and currently at least 2 or 3 saddled right now and I definitely I currently can't get anymore :/

I don't have RO water. I sort of do cold water changes but I pour in a bit in the tank and leave it for a while so the water warms and then pour some more and so on

But maybe when I do water change next time i'll pour the whole lot in all in one go

What is the temperature difference between the tank and what you're adding?

Do a cool WC with RO water, it will get them Going. You don't usually have to do this, but sometimes it will get the stubborn ones going ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the drop in temp, TDS, or GH that triggers breeding in RCS? I understand that for certain fish, the influx of fresh (rain) water will induce seasonal breeding. Does this apply to RCS as well?

the TDS drop, along with the cool water will help. usually I only do this for more advanced shrimp (white snowballs for example) but it dosent hurt

Currently my temp of the tank is 26C. but i dont know the temp of the water that i add but if i leave my hand in the water it does go numb so pretty cooled.
I do get moults straight after i change my water.
Would you suggest i do small water changes everyday?

i was thinking of reducing my temp to 24C i dont know if thats a good idea

I wasn't careful about matching water temperature when I first got them and that's when I experienced deaths. I'm very, very careful about that now.

Oh i dont match my water temp with the tank water and they are fine.
But the only thing i do is add quite a bit to the tank wait around 10 15mins and then add some more until the tank is full

But Fishdude3233 do you think i should do smal water changes every day

not necessarily every day. but definitely do smaller cooler water changes. not a 75% one with water that 10 degrees cooler

Yeah I do that normally as it is every week but just haven't seen much change just don't know why they aren't breeding :s

Anything else I can do to encourage them?

Back
Top Bottom