Need help breeding cherry shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i dont know what im doing wrong then :/
Im not doing anything different than what everyone has been telling me...
I do water changes every week, feeding them once a day if not once every 2 days

But currently i havent fed them for a few days just to see how they get on.
And still i dont know why they arent breeding...its really frustrating :(
Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

My fish tank is in my bedroom and when i go to sleep i go sleep with my fan on so i was wondering does that affect their conditions and is that why they are breeding??

I dont think i'll be able to buy more shrimps yet and i dont know how adding more will help if the ones i have right now arent breeding :/

Also does me leaving my fan on during the night affect their conditions?

Any other suggestions that could encourage them to breed?

???
Also I was wondering if I put 2 or 3 females in a breeding net with 1 or 2 males with some moss with it...would that help them breed?
At least this way the males will be able to find the females easier that is if they send the signs

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The net would probably just cause stress. I personally think you should just leave them alone. There really isn't any magic answer or 'cure'.

Just buy a berried shrimp and test it

Sent from my LG-D415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You need more females than males

Sent from my LG-D415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ahh ok I was just wondering

And I have already have more females then makes but still no luck...
I don't think i'll be able to buy more shrimps just yet and also I don't know my LFS has any berried shrimps

Hi I dunno if this odd but one saddled shrimp just moulted and 1 or 2 males do spot her and jumping and pouncing on her or kind bumping into her but then she just runs away.... :(

Why is this happening is this because I don't have much hiding places so they can't mate?

Back
Top Bottom