need help confirming ID on corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had both of the below corals for many months and kinda realized I'm not 100% sure what they are. The first one I was told was a blasto but now that I'm a bit wiser it looks like an acan.

The second shot is of a hard red coral that has what looks like tiny little flowers on the surface. And it is much more red in person than showed up in the photo. :)

Any ideas guys? Am I right on the acan and what the heck is the red coral LOL

thanks as always AA people!!

img_1756244_0_a54497009d1102a79b493b679f640e41.jpg

img_1756244_1_ae0074130b5dd5e50c10625eb3059a50.jpg

I was so hoping you would catch this thread! LOL

Cool, so I'm right on the acans, that makes me happy. lol

I'll go lookup the monti now and see.

thanks as always!! youre the best!

Did some more googling on that monti and it seems you are right. :) Some of the pictures didn't look like mine but the majority did. It also said on one article that it is on the endangered list or threatened wildlife list....if thats so how on earth did i get it? The lfs had huge colonies of this stuff, I distinctly remember as I had them find me a smaller more affordable one. LOL

I currently have it on the sandbed, it fell a few days ago and I havent out it back up. Being that its a monti then I assume high light and good flow?

Thanks!

Yep. Raise it up slowly and once you get it to a good spot, it should start coloring up. strong lighting for a month or two and that piece should look totally different.

Nice. Just finished moving it, it's about a quarter of the way to the top and I will move it higher at a later date. It's really not as bleached as it looks in the photo though, those stupid purple plus bulbs make everything look funny colorwise. LOL

Back
Top Bottom