Need help!!! Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trusoulja504

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i'm new to this forum here. I want to ask yall guys that when cycling do you turn your skimmer, filter, power head on or just turn it off. i just got my 29 gallon with 30 lb argnoite sand and 30 lb live rocks. I want to know how to start cycling.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

If the filter is on during the cycle it will build up the bacteria in the filter media that will help your cycle, and the powerhead should stay on. I'm not sure about the skimmer, I don't have one. :lol: I think some people leave it on, some don't.

I would leave the filter and power head on. Skimmer can come on after cycle is complete. Are you cycling with the shrimp?

I had my skimmer on from the beginning and it was pulling stuff, I guess it don't hurt to have it on if you want. :)

thanks for your help
and yes i have shrimp and live rock in it.
is it a good way to do it like this?
or i should take the shrimp out and let the live rock do its job
and if i let my skimmer running will it slow down the cycling process?

THanks alot guys

another question
how long will it take my cycling to be done.
i had it set up with live rocks n shrimp for only 2 days

Thanks again

i used 40pounds of keys rock from lr.com and mine is done cycling today day 11 not to bad and i left the skimmer off until like the last few days and it was pulling lots of stuff so now i leave it on hope that helps you

Back
Top Bottom