Need help deciding what to do next!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonflyshots

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 14g bio cube with live sand and love rock. I have had it sitting for like a month and it looks great. It's time to add some stuff. What should I do next!?

I would slowly start adding the clean up crew, start with some crabs of some sort and some snails, keep checking ur water them you might be able to add à shrimp, but take you time no rush

Well for a tank your size i would start with 3 hermits max either blue or red knuckles, two turbos max and a shrimp, Say à peppermint. As for feeding it dépends if your using live rock or base, if its live the crabs will feed off the bit from the rock, the snails will fed of algae on the sand,rock and glass the shrimp i would add just before adding any fish u had in mind, as depending Wat fish u want dépends on Wat type of shrimp, as i could be classed as food for some fish.hope this helps. Any offre questions just ask

I find the blue tipped hermits a bit less hostile than the red tipped when it comes to attacking and eating my snails. Red tipped seemed to kill for food rather than just the shells.

I do agree with you but as long as there is plenty of food in there they should not bother anything else.

cuc after you add fish or they will most likely starve. I usually add my fish and then add my cuc a week afterwards. Putting a cuc in a tank with no nutriment=dead inverts and wasted money

I do agree with you but as long as there is plenty of food in there they should not bother anything else. I have 6 hermits in my tank 3 are red leg and 3 are blue knuckle and they do not attack anything else and i have not had any problems at all from them.

To stop them starving i got them some hermit pellets and i put some of them in every other day untill i added fish. Also the fish enjoy them so win win

Okay great! I am going away so I will add them when I get back. I was thinking I wanted a goby and 2 clown fish. Will That work?

In a 14 that's iffy. Definetly stick with occelaris clowns as they stay the smallest. It can be done, but you can't slack on water changes and testing if you plan to have corals. If its fowlr its slightly less important but still very much so.

You could fit two false percs in but that would be about it, or there is a royal gamma, six line wrasse, gobies, à couple of fairy wrasses, bass eg chalk bass are nice peacefull fish,à couple of banggai cardinals, à very beautiful but shy fish is the firefish, plenty to choose from.

If i was you i would only get two maximum as them it will be easier to cope with. You might be able to have 3 if they are small and you are going to set up a bigger tank in the future.
I had a ten gallon reef with various corals all soft ones and a single false perc and a coral gobie, i have just upgraded to à 29gallon tank and i can now add à couple of more fish.

Royal gramma needs swimming space so that's a no go. I would get a six line and a firefish and possibly a shrimpgoby or coral goby

Back
Top Bottom