Need Help getting started with plants in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey i have a 30 gallon tank shocked with tropical fish. Its been running for about 4 months now. I like to switch to real plants and lose the fake ones. Whats the best way to go about doing this? Maybe some ideas of the best plants to stat with in my tank?

Before recommending any plants, what kind of lighting do you have? Do you plan to go high tech with high light and co2, or stay down in the low-medium light range?

i like to do low-medium range. All i have is a marineland 29 gal set up set. It a led ligth with a black light on it too. What would u recommend? Not looking to go crazy or all out just yet. I want to make sure its something i can handle and easy.

I doubt the stock LED hood is going to be sufficient to grow much of anything. You could start with some java fern and java moss, anubias, maybe some low light varieties of crypts. Check out http://www.plantgeek.net. It has a pretty comprehensive list of low light plants to give you some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom