Need help - ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wags_zach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Idk if it is ick or not. I feel like it is. First time I've ever seen it in my tank. Is it ick? What medicine is good for treating it? What is the process for getting rid? The fish is a black Molly

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458684031.804164.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458684031.804164.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 51
It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks more fungal to me. Ich usually starts with a few spots that look like grains of salt stuck to your fish.

Can you get a clearer pic of the fish infected? It could also be columnaris?

Can you get a clearer pic of the fish infected? It could also be columnaris?

He's a little camera shy but here's the best I can get. I got him while I was feeding. It's his eyes it's puffy and white. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458728788.480559.jpg

If it's strictly his eye that's cloudy, it's definitely not ich. I can't see him clearly in the picture. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what it is, because there are many things that cause cloudy eyes--injuries, protozoa, fungi, parasites, poor water conditions. I would do water changes until my nitrates are less than 10-20, and keep a close eye on him. If you have a hospital tank, now would be a good time to move him there. Hopefully someone else can chime in for you.

I had a good friend of mine tank a look at him. He's been an aquarium owner for years. He told me it Popeyes caused by an infection. I ended up getting a fungal and bacterial medicine for my fish. Good reviews on it. Only downside it makes my tank bright green lol. Wish me luck

best of luck, post back and let me know how it turns out.

4 days after treatment. Swelling went down. Definitely Popeye. Medication works. Doesn't effect other fish. Buttttttttt it got ick lol. Now treating that

Back
Top Bottom