Need help identifying cichilds I bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDingo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I happened to go to a far away walmart, never knew they had live fishes in terrible condition. felt bad so I bought 4 tiger barbs, 3 grey corys and 2 random cicihilds and an 1 albino cory(same size as the greys), but good deal, all for $12
HJiXCam.jpg

this is how all the tanks looked like most were empty or dead fishes floating.
24xt0wt.jpg

as of right now they are really lively fishes, none aggressive, swimming about in a bigger tank(60g) :)
m1k6nDS.jpg

side question, can i put like a bala shark or red tail shark or one angel fish?

or would that overkill the capacity?

Cichlids are from left to right:
Psuedotropeus Crabro
Maylandia lombardoi

thanks, the only random labels they had was assorted African cichilds

Those are two aggressive species and it typically ramps up as they age and reach maturity. You're dooming community fish to a rough and possibly short live more than likely

Also, or may seem like your rescuing the fish, however, at the end of the day, they're making their money and will just order more fish in. I highly recommend not buying from any store like that, and if you must, research the species before you buy, otherwise youre not helping as much as you think.

Not trying to be a jerk, just honest

Those are two aggressive species and it typically ramps up as they age and reach maturity. You're dooming community fish to a rough and possibly short live more than likely

Also, or may seem like your rescuing the fish, however, at the end of the day, they're making their money and will just order more fish in. I highly recommend not buying from any store like that, and if you must, research the species before you buy, otherwise youre not helping as much as you think.

Not trying to be a jerk, just honest

all cool, I have an 10g and 30g tanks running with the 30 having space to put in more fishes, i'll just move the small ones over

As i semi agree with "white dingo" i also disagree...

The Kenyii is much more aggressive than any other cichlid ive kept. You can simmer that with plenty of hiding spots and also you can do it with over stocking which isnt necessarily recommended. The 2 cichlids alone will most likely survive.

The Corys and Barbs will have zero luck surviving with the cichlids...

Back
Top Bottom