Need help on 126g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choonchiesback

Aquarium Advice Activist
Or sure if I'm posting this in the right area but I need help. I just a used 125g for $50 I know a steal a couldn't say no. The guy used it as a planted tank and just tore it down this past weekend due to moving. My trouble is the top plastic brace is missing. I want to doze this before I start up on building my stand and canopy. It doesn't have to look pretty or anything cause I'm building a canopy. But I have no idea where to start. I have tried online and can't find any good into except for people saying to build on out of metal (wouldn't that just rust and kill my fish?).

Should I make one out of glass and silicone it into place? If I do that do I have to take the rest of the frame that there?

So lost here LOL. Thanks again for any help.

Wow what a bargain! Don't know about the brace replacement. I have a glass piece in the middle of my 70 gallon tank maybe 8 by 15". I still have the place frame the glass piece is just under it. So this is saltwater? Very exciting and you'd get more replies on the saltwater discussions under "getting started or saltwater reef aquaria". Good luck! :)

Going to be a cichlid tank. I think I want to get away from salt water for a while. I'll just keep my nano for now and maybe upgrade to a 55. But I think I'm going with cichlids.

Btw. I just read my first post. Holy autocorrect batman. It's all sorts of screwed up gibberish. Sorry but my iPhone has a mind of its own I guess. I need to remember to proof read. Twice.

Choonchiesback said:
Ordered a brace from my LFS. $29. Shipped to the store I will pick it up Tuesday.

Hmmmm, that seems to be the going rate for trims lol. One for my 46g bow front is also $29 shipped to my lfs

Yeah I had to. I wanted to be safe rather than sorry. 125 gallons of water on the living room flood would have been a bad thing lol

I haven't been able to fix mine yet. Its been ok for 8 months or so, I would atempt it considering its cheap, but I don't have money for another tank quite yet, incase I break it or something.

Back
Top Bottom