Need Help On FERTS, Newly setup Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rustypleco

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello everyone,

ive just setup my new tank, i will give you a bit of info about that tank.

its roughly 400litres (60"x24"x18") im using grobeam leds (5x grobeam 1500 ultima tiles + 2x colourplus tiles) so in total just under 200w of leds, im injecting presurized co2, using fluval fx6 filter and a couple of large circulation pumps.

im planning on using dry ferts but i know absolutly nothing about them at the moment, was wondering if someone could help let me know which ones i should use? and where i could but them from?

i have a mixture of different plants atm, java ferns, swords, few red plants and others i have no idea what they are called, will add some pictures soon.

thanks

Go with dry ferts.

The most popular used here is the Green Leaf Aquarium Dry Ferts either as PPS-Pro or Estimative Index methods. You can get their fert package for about $30. I recommend buying three of their 1000ml dosing bottles to go with them instead of two. Mix the NO3 in one, the K & PO4 in one and the CSM-B traces in the third one. You can then custom dose each as your test values show. You mix the dry ferts with distilled water after weighing out the dosage for each 1000ml bottle on a grain scale. Grain scales can be bought on Amazon for $8. This fert pack can last you a year or more so it is MUCH cheaper than liquid ferts also. Here is the link to their site. OS.
Aquarium Plant Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums

Back
Top Bottom