Need Help - Predator Setup - Coming Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Guys, long time no see.

After slowing down a lot from the hobby due to being busy and some other personal issues, and summer now here. I've found that I have more free time now and decided to get back into the hobby.

I was going to start up a predator setup before I quit the hobby for awhile and never got around to it, now I wanted to comeback and start off with a predator setup.

I know all about setup; filters, decor, ect. I just wanted to know a good combo of predators I could have. I've always wanted a few snakeheads but them being illegal and all now and impossible to find in my area, thats a deff no.

Just give me some suggestions, I don't want any pirahannas or anything of that sort of shooling predators. I would like to look at some the possibility of gars, wolffish, bichers, and that general area.

Oh and I do have a 55G tank so somewhat small for multiple predators I know, I just want some suggestions.

Thanks

-Ben

There was a guy on here a week ago taking down and selling his predator tank, and he had a wolf fish and something else he was getting rid of. I will try to find the post. :)

Thanks lol. I personally think wolf fish are awesome, although the footprint of a 55g is quite small, so I'm not sure whether or not it would work. I know someone on here who, sadly, is leaving the hobby, but they have a wolf fish, although they're selling it. I'll try to find you the link.

EDIT: nvm, it seems dk did it for me :razz: lol

Thanks for the link, I don't exactly know if I have the money to spend right now but hopefully i'll be able to purchase some in the near future.

Thanks lol. I personally think wolf fish are awesome, although the footprint of a 55g is quite small, so I'm not sure whether or not it would work. I know someone on here who, sadly, is leaving the hobby, but they have a wolf fish, although they're selling it. I'll try to find you the link.

EDIT: nvm, it seems dk did it for me :razz: lol

Yeah I had someone helping me before on a very older post I posted about a predator setup, his name from mudd something. He said I could probably get away with 1-2 red wolf fish and 1-2 bichers of some sort or even 3 small rocket gars in a 55G setup with good filtration and good cover.

I don't know for sure though thats why I was posting up to get some experienced advice.

Also, I was more looking at the line of getting juvinelles (spelling lol) then a full grown wolffish. One of the best parts of fish keeping is watching your baby fish grow to adults :)

Ctenolucius hujeta 9-10 inch in the aquarium... 55 gallon is 12 inch wide... seems like a little much for me.
Hoplias malabaricus 20 inch....

maybe find smaller fish? or bigger tank?

most bichirs will get too large but lucky they are some what slower growers. big fish not my expertise though. most 55 predator tanks i have seen are fish that get stuffed in a tank too small for them. if i do come up with something ill let you know though.

Well I took a look at my previous thread about this that I made long ago when MudFrog was helping me and I would consider him a good expert on predator fish. He suggest I could keep one red wolf fish and one to two bichirs, so ill wait and try to get some other expertise before I start making any purchases.

One problem is though I have to somehow get rid of all of my convicts that are current in the 55G, got 20+ with a 5-6in male and 3-4in female adults.

Back
Top Bottom