need help to id the type of lithobates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Top looks like a red empress the bottom kinda looks like Aristo Yellow Blaze. Can you get a better picture of its marking on his side?

Last edited:
I'm confused now. I have another one. Now I'm not sure what he is. I'll put a picture up as soon as I get home

It's a different lithobates to my understanding. Looks like the one in the first link you attached earlier

ForumRunner_20120902_201431.jpg

To me that one looks different. Is the top white or is that the lights making it look like that? I'm not sure on this hmmmm.
If you go threw these you should be able to find them.

Last edited:
It's a yellow stripe. The light was messing with it. I like the blue one better anyway. I'm going to rehome the first one soon. He doesn't do much for me. Just wanted to figure out what he was before he goes

Maybe someone will chime in and give us a hand here because I'm at a loss. The second one now that I compared looks more like what I said your right. Maybe he is the dominant one and the other is the same just not coloring up.

They are in separate tanks. All that my lfs said was that they are different kinds. Idk! I've been told by some people that the blue one was a zrock. Which is the first link you gave me I think. I'm at a lose! Hopefully someone will be able to figure it out cause I have no clue

Back
Top Bottom