Need help to make sure this would be ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebrit250

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi there i have had my tanks for 2 years now with just a few fish in them and decided its time to add the rest of my fish what u guys think of this setup
tank 1 135 gallon
salfin tang had a year and half 6 inchs
sweetlips just added a month ago
want to add
voiltion lion
empoerer angel
eel/snowflake or chainlink
have lots of rock for caves

tank 2 is a 125
whitespotted puffer 2 years old 4 inches
filefish 2 years old 4 inches
dwarf fuzzy lion 6 months old umm 3 inches
want to add
4 yellow tangs
again lots of rock with caves for hiding

also got a 29 gallon nano gonna use for nemo fish for food for both lions swarf loves little nemos hehe
what u guys think any suggestions on anything else to add or remove

i think both of those tanks would be overstocked if you added what you want to add.
i also think you can sell the clownfish instead of killing them and use goldfish to feed the predators. it just seems like a waste of money to me.

I to agree that your planned additions are too much.

Curious about your statement about feeding clown fish to your lions. You serious???? Have you thought about how aquarium enthusiasts would absolutely hate the thought of someone doing that? And laughing about it?

Welcome to AA by the way, but this might not be the right forum for you. Don't get too offended if others find this distasteful.

what whould you guys take out of each tank then if that is to much also clownfish are healthier for lionfish then goldfish and almost as cheap i can get 50 of them for 30 bucks from local store

what kind of clownfish are under a dollar a piece?
i would remove the 6" sailfin tang for sure. i'm not sure what you wish to do with these tanks....are you bored with the fish you have? why would you consider removing fish if you only plan to add more?

dont want to remove any of the fish i got would remove one of the fish from the list i wanna get i love the salfin tang he is so peaceful and lets me pet him also the clowns are just regular clowns i get from the store the guy gets them from a hactery

well, you can sell those "regular" clowns to wholesale companies that sell to stores, because they sell them for much more. you can actually make a nice living off of them, getting them at that price.

the 125 is fully stocked in my opinion. all of those fish will get large. i wouldn't add anything else except for maybe something that doesn't move much or require much space, like perhaps a stonefish or angler.

the sailfin is too large for a 135 gallon tank now. you can keep all of the rest of those fish together, providing they are removed when they outgrow the tank.
it's not like fresh water in that you can keep a foot long fish in a 125. i know oscars are ok in a tank like that, but salt fish behave differently.
if you truly care to make the fish a healthy environment, that is.

i know they will get large but whould they all get along is my question

Back
Top Bottom