Need help with 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlow115

Aquarium Advice Regular
What fish can live in a 10 gallon tank that's you recommend any suggestions?

Obviously, small tank, small species. How about a shrimp tank? A single betta? A planted 10 gallon with ember tetras?

You could get one betta, or one dwarf puffer, or a small school (6 to 8) of ember tetras, chili rasboras, celestial pearl danios, maybe pygmy corys.

So not really to many options for 10 gallon? I wish the store would have told me I would have boughten a bigger tank:/

You have to start somewhere.

Make sure none of the fish get over 3" long. There are non aggressive and aggressive fish.

A hood idea is to look at some you like and get them and the neighbors they share a tank with.

I had 13 tanks growing up as a kid. 10 gallons. They are fine you have do research darlin!

Ok thanks just everyone's telling me different things you know

No, there aren't a whole lot of options, unfortunately. But there are a few more than I listed. A few platys or guppys, two shell dwelling cichlids, two or three African Dwarf Frogs. If you want to go brackish, you could get five or 6 bumblebee gobies.

Thanks guys for the help traded my fish I had in going to e getting new ones

Ya I talked to a guy he says I should go with some neon tetras or something along those

Some pigmy cories would be good with neons. Scarlet badis, sparkling gouramis, guppies. Lots of options.

I uses to have a 10 gallon where I kept some fake plants and 5 neons. It was simpler times back then...

I love my Neons and my Celestial Pearl Danios. I have two 10g tanks. You can see them in my profile pics. I have planted tanks and you can always do Shrimp and small fish or I have a CPO ( Mex Dwarf Crayfish) with my Neons.

Jlow115 said:
Ya I talked to a guy he says I should go with some neon tetras or something along those

I was going to suggest 10 neons with RCS or CRS

Back
Top Bottom