Need help with 125 gallon planted tank lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you would have a larger selection of manufacturers for bulbs with a 36" fixture. My reasoning for purchasing the 72" was less parts to fail in one fixture, as opposed to 2 fixtures. Oddysea sells 60" bulbs for replacement in the 72" fixture. Also the 72" fits the tank well.
36" will hit in the middle of the glass canopy with no support.

That's another thing. My tank is an aqueon so it has. Two supports in the middle. Maybe I should go with 3 24" fixtures?

I use AquaticLife T5 HO's on my tanks and have been really happy with them.

It may be worth looking into the ATI T5 dimming fixture. I've read some good things and the dimming feature makes it seem even more appealing. You can ramp up the light intensity throughout the day and ramp it down towards the end of the day. All of this is done automatically with a built in controller. This should give you the ability to keep your lights on longer by using less intensity at the beginning and end of the day.

I watched a few reviews on the aquatic life fixtures last night. They seem to be of good quality. I may end up going that route. Haven't seen anything about the ATI dimming fixture. I may have to google that and do some research.

I use AquaticLife T5 HO's on my tanks and have been really happy with them.

It may be worth looking into the ATI T5 dimming fixture. I've read some good things and the dimming feature makes it seem even more appealing. You can ramp up the light intensity throughout the day and ramp it down towards the end of the day. All of this is done automatically with a built in controller. This should give you the ability to keep your lights on longer by using less intensity at the beginning and end of the day.

So I just looked up ATI dim marble fixtures and WOW, really impressive! I'm seriously almost sold on it. Still trying to justify the price over other fixtures but definitely impressed! If I got the four bulb fixture I could use less intensity and get a better coverage yeah? I'm going to read some more reviews about it but definitely looks amazing. :D

Back
Top Bottom