need help with fish decision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a ten gallon tank that has been cycling for twenty days or so, and i want to add a fish in it. the tank that is set up now is not gonna be the main tank.i need help with deciding on a fish. can someone help me pick out a fish that stays small and doesnt mind a small tank. any help is appreciated

thanks

in a small tank such as that you'll want something that won't ever get much larger than an inch or two. I would say perc clowns or chromis would be good choices, but small and colorful.

Well im going to start a 55 gallon tank soon and im goin to use this as a quarantine tank or put the fish in the small tank if something goes horribly wrong with the big one. and yes i have live rock and yes i have sand. i wanna keep one fish in this tank but i wouldnt mind having a fish in here that will stay small for a while and then put him in the larger tank later. i went to the lfs the other day and say a yellow watchman and wanted to get him cause he was inexpensive compared to the other fish and the lady said he was on fish flakes so i wouldnt have to buy any other type of food. does anyone know how large they get or how fast they grow. thank you guys again. and any help is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom