Need help with moving corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm upgrading my lighting on my aquarium, and have a lot of soft corals. With the higher lighting, how can I move my corals to a lower position safely. Also, has anyone had any experience with montipora species like capricornis.

Not sure what you mean by moving the softies safely, but I do have a fair amount of Monti Cap., and might be able to help you there. Let me know, happy to help if I can. :)

Are you saying that your softies are actually attached to your main aquascape? Also, it is kind of oa large jump from softies to SPS. Monti caps are easiest of the sps to care for, but will require a heavier lighting. I'd suggest, as will many others due to price and what can thrive under it, the taotronics LEDs off ebay.

Some are attached to the rockwork. Problem is I have a foot long rock with star polyps on it. It's my prized coral, and I wonder about how they would be affected by light levels. Also, what are your preferences on lighting: T5 or LED. I'd consider the MHs obsolete, as energy consumption, heat output and bulb life and cost are too much. I know that T5s are cheaper, but require changing out bulbs. LEDs are more expensive, but have a longer bulb life.

Im all about leds. Id look into the dimmable taotronics so you can work your corals up to higher light levels if you can not move them. I dont see gsp caring as long as they are weened in. My symphodium is high in my tank inder my radions at full blast.

Back
Top Bottom